Translate

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Reuse, repair and mending


‘Disposble Society ‘ I have some repairs to do.
Our generation is really bad at just throwing things out when they break. I ❤️ to see folks mending and repairing things the way our grandparents did.
Today repairing is a lost art. I like to fix stuff versus replace, my husband finds that just a waste of time. Would rather take the time to repair and mend. Have stitched a strong patch onto my oven glove where there was a burn mark/ tear, this is the ability of a patch of fabric, needle, thread, some time on hand and willingness to save my glove









Just saved a glove that would have cost me money to replace with a new one. WELL DANG my oven glove is back to work SATISFIED 
Sewing, repairing reusing are the skills we definitely need to learn, teach, endorse.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! We had our wood floors refinished in a darker stain. Hubby was looking at new hardwood vacuum cleaners. Instead, I attached a piece of fleece using safety pins to the bristle head part of our old canister vacuum, cutting a hole around the suction part. Saved a few $100 bucks. Can use that money to buy fabric or thrift store clothes..thread, needles… etc 🤗

    ReplyDelete