Translate

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Who knows what women can be when they are finally free
to become themselves?
~Betty Friedan
There are many things happening in my life but somewhere I feel am nowhere to be found have been loosing on my creative activity its been long have been craving to get to my roots, trying hard too, but don’t understand where my time escapes, Sometimes I think that I am too hard on myself, that I come off too depressed or angry or whatever. I think that's a function of being hyper all the time. I am always frantic, and I'm trying to find the "off" switch. took 3 days off at work to get control of my chaotic life, once again I misled myself to my spending time decluttering and replacing items and cleaning the house. I find it so irritating that so much of my life is being absorbed by an obsession with cleaning. where did this madness come from??? I feel everyday I do nothing but clean, cook and go to work

2 comments:

  1. I always find this interesting. I support the right of women to work and do other things, but I so looked forward to taking care of my family the way my mom did. But my husband wanted me to be a modern working woman, even though he made enough money to take care of the family, he felt like we were "riding on his back". So he left us. I am an advocate for women's rights, on BOTH sides of that story. My mom found nothing boring or frustrating about putting her energy into creating productive adults who contribute to society by focusing almost entirely on making that happen. And at 76, she has no regrets, 5 college graduated children from the poorest, most hopeless part of town. Perhaps, if we applied the principles from one of the previous posts to this concept, we would have happier women. I felt like I could do both, in good time. Instead, my mom took over for me while I became the Dad. Don't get me wrong, I embraced my new life and have been successful. But I value the women who choose to stay at home and take care of the most important business. Because at the end of the day, that is what is real and valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I found your blog. I read your post...the one where you said you were running around trying to get too much done. Do you think perhaps you have ADHD? It is a possibility.

    I love the fabric tassles...beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Kelly
    http://IHaveANotion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete