Translate

Thursday, February 12, 2009


I grew up in a home where my parents put everyone else's needs ahead of their own, and my mother who goes out of her way to make others comfortable at our home. I grew up feeling that life was not safe and that I must struggle to survive emotionally, with all the failures in my life, I felt, strong and at peace with my life, as i attached myself to my nieces Netra and Hunan with those hippie slings, taking them everywhere with me, not missing out on anything in life, but simply adding them to it. Self care and self focus seemed to fly out the window in favour of putting them first. It's so very easy to lose my "self", when i become so hyper-focused on them, especially when they both are so close to my heart, my nieces They have healed me in more ways than I thought possible...it is them who have led me to refocus on my creativity. We bake, cook, draw, knit etc together thier creative interests has strengthened my passion for creativity

No comments:

Post a Comment